Search This Blog

Monday, August 7, 2006

Ministry of a baby

I read the following from Dr. Lutzer's book "One Minute After You
Die", today, that I thought was very appropriate and I will quote it here.

"The death of a child seems like a mockery since God is taking a life before he has the joy of accomplishment. It is like putting a period before the end of a sentence. But the child's life can fulfill the will of God. Though we do not understand it, that little one has finished the work that God has given him to do. Though now in heaven, the little one continues his ministry in the lives of parents and relatives.
Jim Elliot, who himself was killed at a young age while doing missionary work among the Auca Indians, said "God is peopling Heaven; why should he limit himself to old people?"

A friend sent this in an e-mail today... I loved this, and was encouraged by it, what a cool reminder! ...and since I don't have much time to write I'm just copy and pasting it. Hopefully I'll have a chance to share about some of this stuff sometime soon.

Helpless without HIM,

:) Amy

...in Peru since 2001 ~ Proud mammy of 4,was soon-to-be 5 chillins, but one's in heaven :)
PS. Prayer Requests:
SAFETY IN TRAVEL - We fly tomorrow! Tuesday August 8 from 10am - 9pm and then drive for a couple hours Aug.9. From there, August 10-12 we drive LOTS of hours from Iowa to Houston, Texas.
CONTINUING COMFORT - We are all doing fine, but in the midst of all this change it takes a conscious effort to maintain our heaven-focused perspective.

We love the Lord SO much and are SO totally thankful for HIS loving kindness!! Praise HIS name! However could we do anything without his grace and strength?!


Monday, August 7, 2006 - Thank You...

Posted by jdoriot (24.151.161.85)
for sharing that quote. We have 5 children...3 still living and 2 really living in Heaven. Our fourth child Sam, was born still at 19 weeks...our fifth child Gus, went to Heaven when he was 16 mos. this past May 31st. Gus was awaiting a liver/small bowel transplant but his body just gave out. Like you all, we are terribly sad that we have to wait to really get to know these little fellows but we rejoice because we know where they are and who they are with!! Please know that your family will be in our prayers!

Jenny

Monday, August 7, 2006 - I will be praying

Posted by Jocelyndixon (216.241.131.70)
I hope you make it safely!

Have a blessed day!

Sincerely,
Jocelyn/Alatariel

Ps. I am giving away a DVD...Check it out

Monday, August 7, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by nsremom (64.233.172.2)
You're a strong family! Isn't it true about a choice word aptly spoken? Love the Jim Elliot quote.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by kympossible (63.64.215.83)
I just started reading your blog a couple weeks ago, so you don't even know me. But I wanted to let you know how sorry I am to read your sad news, and that I'm praying that our LORD continues to comfort you and your family.

Blessings,
Kym

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Abiga51 (71.135.14.195)
Sorry about your loss but Heaven's gain. Thank you for sharing the quote also. And thank you for sharing of yourself with us. I lost my first, losing a fallopian tube in the process but the Lord then blessed me with four more even with it being harder to get preg. Blessings.

Friday, September 22, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by smlltwnmmmy (207.173.228.115)
Thank you so much for posting this. I have had 4 miscarriages myself and I know that God is preparing a nursery full of my precious babies in heaven! This quote that you posted is so comforting, I copied it and will probably read it every day! I have since had a healthy, full-term baby girl. God is so good!

I love your site, I'll visit often! :0) Brandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive