Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2006

Reactions to FIVE

I thought I'd give a summary of how people so far are responding to our announcement of the FIFTH baby being on the way.

Peruvians - "STOP!!! You MUST NOT have any more children! You have enough!!" or with a look of compassion toward me, they scold my husband for being abusive by "making me" have more children...

Blogger Friends - Many wonderful and kind congratulations

My parents - "This is the best Father's Day present you could have given me," declared my dad upon hearing the news. My mom was equally excited.

PrettyPinkPrincess (3yog) - Everyday, several times a day,

"Mom, I want three girls. You, me and the baby in your tummy."

GuerrillaGuy (7yob) - After a conversation about whether or not I should/would take medicine when the baby is born to keep it from hurting so much, with a worried look said, "Mom, are you anxious for the baby to be born?"

LooneyTunes (8yob) - "Oh good! We have to have lots and lots of kids in our family!"

Micah, my Beloved - "Lately I've been looking around our family and felt like there's something/someone missing... Just look at our great family... FIVE kids! I sorta feel sorry for people with small families..."

My response to the skeptics of large families up until now has been sort of an insecure response and rather non-commital as to whether or not I am excited. Well, from the first I have always been excited! And from now on I will not hesitate to respond that we are GLAD to have our fifth and may even have another... so, there!

Amy


Monday, July 3, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by drewsfamilytx (64.234.0.103)
Well, that's one way to get the Peruvians to notice you! :-) hehehee...

I am truly excited for you and glad that everyone else is too-- it's just a whole lot more fun that way!

Love,
Marsha (I'm back from anniversary-ing now so I'll be around a bit more)

Monday, July 3, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by DanielleW (205.188.116.195)
The "random blog" button brought me here.

How wonderful on your coming blessing.

How wonderful on being missionaries! We love missionaries at our house. We have a photo book that we put missionary prayer cards in and we pray for one every day with our morning devotions. Although I think I may soon make it devotions and bed time or maybe at meals.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEN!!

Posted by JacqueDixonSoulRestES (216.241.130.246)
It is so sad when human beings don't realize the wonderful life in a large family - but, when God's people don't (which we have experienced too many times) - it is REEEEAAAAALLLY sad, isn't it??

CONGRATULATIONS to your whole family!
Many blessings! and, thanks for sharing!
Jacque

Thursday, July 13, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Rebeca (70.56.19.205)
Congratulations!! I haven't been by in a while so just now "heard" the news! I'm one of five kids and have to say big families are wonderful. My oldest, who's only 3 1/2, holds up all his fingers and tells me that's how many babies we should have!
I'm so sorry I never got back to you about the GSE. It is Grapefruit Seed Extract, completely natural and very bitter. You can buy it in pill form or liquid. I use the liquid but squeeze it into gel caps first. Some people just drink it in water or juice. It's a powerful natural antibiotic and fungicide. It's even been used in cleaning products as a disinfectant, but it's totally safe for people. I took it faithfully when I was in Asia and stayed very healthy. I also used it diluted in water to soak my fruits and vegetables. Here is a site you can look at: http://www.pureliquidgold.com/
I use the Nutribiotic Brand.
Blessings on you and your family!
Rebeca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive