Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Free Stuff

At HomeschoolEStore.com they give something away every week:

This week they are giving away some Patriotic Holiday Notebooking Pages by Amanda Bennett.

Go check them out. They have some good discounts on stuff too.

I also just found the recipe for the most yummy dessert in the world that I haven't had in a long time!!

STRAWBERRY PRETZEL DESSERT
--------------------------

2 c. crushed pretzels
3 tbsp. sugar
1 stick butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 c. sugar (powdered or regular)
12 oz. Cool Whip
2 c. boiling water
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. strawberry Jello
2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen strawberries

Mix crushed pretzels with sugar and butter. Press into
9"x13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.

Mix cream cheese and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread over
pretzel mixture.

Add frozen strawberries to hot Jello (Jello and water). Stir
until strawberries thaw and Jello starts to thicken. Pour on
top of rest of dessert.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Cooks.com Recipe Search for the most recipes! http://www.cooks.com

So, there you have it. Free stuff everyweek from HomeschoolEStore and a free recipe! I'll see ya around! :)

Amy


Wednesday, July 5, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by nsremom (209.218.200.194)
I just had that dessert for the first time YESTERDAY. I dislike pretzels, but they were fabulous in that dessert. Yummmmm. I ate too much.

Did you still celebrate the 4th there??

Wednesday, July 5, 2006 - recipe

Posted by Jimmie (219.141.3.10)
Waa waaa... I love that dessert too! You can make that??? I can't find half of those ingredients here! Cooking western foods can be a real chore. Last night we had soft tacos. I was thinking of all the different places I had to shop to get all the ingredients -- a total of five different shops! And I made homemade tortillas and homemade sour cream. And the taco spice was brought in from America! What a pain! But it was delicious! Even though we had mozarrella cheese instead of cheddar. :-) Can't find cheddar here. Sigh.... it's a lot easier to just eat Chinese style. But we sure do miss home foods after a while.

Thursday, July 6, 2006 - NO, I can't make it here! There's no cool whip! :(

Posted by amada (201.240.131.113)
I just LOVE it and found it on the internet and want to put it in my book because we'll be back where I can buy Coolwhip and pretzels soon! ;)

Jimmie, I can sympathize... only just recently (last 4 months) we can buy tortillas here and sour cream (granted they aren't exactly the same, but...) I used to make my own tortillas (WAY too much work) and we went without sour cream... how do you make that?! And I always have to go to lots of places to round everything up as well. Oh the woes! But every now and then it IS worth the trouble! I've become very creative and found lots of things I can make from scratch that I never would have known was possible.

All that to say, I just drooled over the recipe when I found it because I'd forgotten about the delicious-ness of that dessert! But I'll have to wait to have it of course. Only one more month :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive