Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2006

The Tumbling Tower of Toilet Paper

It's quiet, and you can't find your toddler. You do a quick search only to find him in the bathroom. Just when the feeling of relief comes over you, glad to have found him safe and sound, you notice it... the tumbling tower of toilet paper. There he is, next to the toilet, hopefully it's clean, and he has pulled all the toilet paper off the roll... I know this has happened to most of you, afterall, it's not the first time it's happened to me.

What do you do with the toilet paper?

  1. Do you roll it back onto the roll, trying to make it nice the way it was before?
  2. Do you leave it on the floor?
  3. Do you just throw it away?
  4. Do you crumple it up and stuff it back into hole and use it little by little?

I must confess that I crumpled it up into a more compact pile on the floor and ended up using it for nose-blowing throughout the day! I know, I was appalled too, if I thought about it, but I just decided not to think about it!

Amy


Wednesday, April 5, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by drewsfamilytx (69.59.95.90)
I roll it back up the best I can...and when I get so very frustrated that it's all crumpled and not fitting right, I pull it off and tear it into smaller wads for the kids to use. OR I take a handful of it, put a little water on the floor, and mop around the toilet with it. With boys, you can never clean the bathroom floor too often!

Love,
Marsha

PS this is AFTER I have disinfected the baby's hands since he cannot be near the toilet with splashing around in it! I know, truly disgusting. But he is who he is...and that is a toilet lover! ;-)

Thursday, April 6, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by Amber (71.52.23.146)
I probably would have done the same thing, actually, I know I would have.

Anyway, it's funny you stopped by bcz I was thinkin about you. You know what I was thinkin' about? Get this, back in Jan (I think) you got an email from me asking if you would pick the winner of my contest "How Well Do You Know Your Fellow HSB" REMEMBER??? I think you were the first one I random blogged. Tell me you remeber.

0:) Amber

Thursday, April 6, 2006 - Untitled Comment

Posted by hskubes (216.16.210.8)
ha ha ha.... this is funny, because a similar thing happened to me yesterday and today. My eldest daughter (13) was cleaning the bathroom yesterday, including mopping... well, my youngest daughter (2) wanted to help like Sissy was.... Later in the day, when she was quiet... I discovered her in the bathroom, with the toilet paper all over the floor, and spots of our foam soap everywhere on the floor.... and there she was with toilet paper in her hand, 'mopping' up the soap!
I couldn't do anything but laugh!! *Ü*
She helped me throw the toilet paper away...
Well, today, she decided to do the same thing... again.... oh dear!
Tomorrow, I'll have to watch her more carefully.
How precious, though!

~ Christina
www.homeschoolblogger.com/hskubes

Thursday, April 6, 2006 - Hi Amy

Posted by kindredspiritMom (69.209.156.104)
This has happened to us more times than I care to admit ~ with children and once with a cat :) Also, my now 6 and 8 year olds still empty tissue boxes periodically to create beds for Barbies. I wasn't born in the Depression Era, but sometimes I act like it. I have a "waste not, want not" philosophy, so I usually gather it all up, make a ball and shove it under the sink to use myself :) I have even re-used paper towels I have used to pack when moving...stick them in a bucket to use for bathroom cleaning :) Thanks for your comment about Rachel's candle holder ~ I wish I knew how she made it! I do know that they painted a slab of wood, then applied some sort of a grout and applied the tiles and "broken" pottery, which she told me were shrinky dinks! Go figure!

Thursday, April 6, 2006 - I know it! I am frugal to a fault!

Posted by amada (190.40.17.13)
I wash all my zip-locs too! I am so out of control.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive